We were thrilled to see The Teaching Palette as a featured blog in the May/June issue of SchoolArts Magazine! If you missed the article, “Building Your Personal Learning Network, Part 2,” by Craig Roland, you can read it here.
Like an artist that visits a museum for inspiration, we visit blogs to challenge our teaching and thought process. Put simply, a blog is like a living website; it continually digests and shares information. Considering our forum, we thought it might be appropriate to add to the SchoolArts list of blog resources:
There are some amazing art classroom blogs certainly worth exploring out there, so please list yours or any you follow in the comments area below!
Art Education Resource blogs:
- The Carrot Revolution Also mentioned in the SchoolArts article and a source of art inspiration.
- The Art Teacher’s Guide to the Internet On the cutting edge of art education academia.
- NAEA Monthly Mentor A guest art educator each month, be sure to look through the archives.
- ArtTechTivity Art and Technology: Joined at the hip.
- LearningIT Great source to integrate technology into creativity and design.
- The Virtual Classroom Inspiring resource for K-12 art education.
- Denver Artsygal Lots of You Tube art method “how to’s”.
Art Inspiring Blogs:
- Esty – that place where artists sell their stuff has a “Handmade Blog” too. Great inspiration for art projects.
- Vi.sualize.us Inspiration in Imagery.
- Hongkiat Great for digital media and Photoshop users.
- Museum 2.0 The name says it all.
- WebUrbanist Great alternative art and architecture.
General Education blogs: (because we are all in this education thing together)
- Teaching Challenges General tips on teaching easily integrated into the art room.
- Free Resources from the Net for Special Education Really, this blog applies to everyone!
- Angela Maiers Geared toward literacy and learning, great blog that keeps focus on the child as a learner.
- Langwitches Technology integration, global education, and digital storytelling – the perfect link to art education!
- Backroom Educational Technology Blog Great tech and web 2.0 tools.
- Teachers Love SMART Boards Have an Interactive Whiteboard? Here’s your one-stop resource.
- Edutopia What Works in Public Education; a resource for all things education.
- Brave New World Resources for education.
- Teaching with Technology Great resource for Web2.0
- Free Technology for Teachers This blog really deserves it’s own category -an amazing resource!
Blogs are most useful when you are notified that new information has posted; either through RSS feed or via email. Keep up with new postings on The Teaching Palette by clicking here.