The elementary art room can get overwhelming with materials, paperwork and demanding students. Learn how to obtain student attention and keep it focused. Get organized and get your students into a routine with our “Prevention and Attention” tip sheet.
Some of the helpful tips include:
- Use a binder to store important information containing monthly planning sheets, class lists, schedule, and notes.
- Keep a container for pencils to be sharpened. (Avoids having kids distracted by pencil sharpening.) Have any student that needs to serve recess with you sharpen pencils.
- Do not begin giving directions until ALL children are looking at you.
- Use kinesthetic (movement) learning – show/have students practice directions in addition to verbal. Have children move often, avoid long periods of sitting.
- For our complete Prevention and Attention tip sheet, click here.